Saints & Sinners: Bootleggers' Run Trail
Beer. Wine. Cider. History.
Grey, Bruce and Simcoe Counties are experiencing a beverage renaissance. Once a hotbed for bootleggers during Prohibition, the area now boasts several thriving drink producers. VQA wineries, craft breweries and heritage cideries are using locally-grown grapes, hops and apples to produce some of the best beverages in North America.
Use the Saints & Sinners: Bootleggers’ Run map to find your way around Grey, Bruce and Simcoe counties to tour farms and facilities, enjoy tastings, pairings or full meals, and pick up a huge variety of beverages to bring home. You’ll also find the Saints & Sinners tent at home-grown festivals and events that celebrate the very best of the area.
Our trail includes 17 beer, wine and cider producers, 3 museums and a historic walking tour:
Barnstormer Brewing Co.
Beaver Valley Orchard & Cidery
Coffin Ridge Boutique Winery
The Collingwood Brewery
Creemore Springs Brewery
Duxbury Cider Co.
Georgian Hills Vineyards
Hoity Toity Cellars
Kilannan Brewing Co.
MacLean's Ales Inc.
Neustadt Springs Brewery
Northwinds Brewhouse & Eatery
Outlaw Brew Co.
Side Launch Brewing Company
Thornbury Beverage Company
Tobermory Brewing Co.
Corkscrew City Tour (Owen Sound)
Grey Roots Museum & Archives
Simcoe County Museum
South Grey Museum
Saints & Sinners: Taste of the Trail Event
Come to Grey Roots Museum & Archives on June 12th from noon to 5pm and taste your way around the Saints & Sinners Trail with beer, wine and cider samples from 14 of our trail members and great local food.
Enjoy live music, historical interpretation in the Moreston Heritage Village, and readings from the newly-released book Saints and Sinners: The Story of Canada's Last Dry City by historian and author Richard Thomas. You can also buy limited edition Saints & Sinners branded t-shirts, growlers, and tumblers at the event.
June 12th is also the day the Saints & Sinners Trail officially launches the Passport Contest - taste your way around the trail this summer and collect stickers at various locations for a chance to win great prizes!
Saints & Sinners Passport Contest
The contest begins at member locations on June 13th and runs through October 9th. Collect a sticker at each location you visit and return your completed map with 10 or more stickers for your chance to win great prizes!
FIRST PRIZE: Value $700
- Winners of choice of one (1) of the following two (2) experiences:
- a personal 2.5 hour tour and beer making experience for 2 with the brewmaster at Side Launch Brewing in Collingwood, or
- a personal 2.5 hour tour and cider-making experience at Coffin Ridge Winery in Annan
- overnight stay for 2 at Craigleith Manor Bed and Breakfast (must be redeemed by March 31, 2017)
- a $75 gift certificate from Bruce Wine Bar in Thornbury, plus winner’s choice of any two (2) additional Bruce Wine Bar branded merchandise items (i.e.: tee-shirt, ball cap)
- certificate for a tour and tasting for two (2) at Georgian Hills Vineyards in Victoria Corners including 2 flights of wine
- a gift basket of Saints & Sinners branded merchandise
SECOND PRIZE: Value $400
- Brewery tour for four (4) by Free Spirit Tours including return transportation from Collingwood or Blue Mountain to all three stops:
- a tasting for 4 at Side Launch Brewing
- a tour and tasting at Collingwood Brewery
- 1 flight of beer per person and fresh pretzels at Northwinds Brewhouse & Eatery
- a gift basket of selected merchandise from the three breweries
- 4 Saints & Sinners tee shirts and 4 tumblers
THIRD PRIZE (3 TO BE WON) Value (per prize package) $250
- One of three (3) gift baskets of Saints & Sinners branded merchandise with additional items from Saints & Sinners trail Participating Members
PDF of map